Many factories have gradually been built up over decades, often without paying serious attention to logistics. The results are exactly what you would expect:
- Small-scale, unsuitable building structure
- Costly organisation of transport
- Increasing problems when it comes to further expansion
Developing a master plan requires a high level of experience:
- It should be possible to remedy problems without deconstructing existing buildings.
- All areas of the business and all functions should be able to develop and grow in the future.
- Production and logistics should be moved to specific areas and building types.
Once this has been completed, it is then necessary to develop a step-by-step plan that details feasible steps to implement the long-term layout.
viaLog has a wealth of experience in this area. We combine our strategic foresight with the practical optimisation of current processes. What’s more, we factor in all of the contact partners that have a say in the creation of a master plan. We develop a solution that is suitable for all sides.
viaLog offers its services as a general planner for the subsequent detailing and implementation of the building, logistics technology and warehouse management system.